sydney - senior transport planner
GTA Consultants is one of Australia's largest transportation consultancies. We plan, design and deliver the transport infrastructure and services
required for productive and liveable cities and regions. Established in 1989, we now offer an end-to-end service from initial project planning
and feasibility work, through approvals and design, to construction and delivery on the ground.
We work for both government and private industry around the country, with a guiding philosophy based on delivering progressive and integrated land use and transport planning outcomes. We are also proud of our industry recognition - our repeat clients and referrals are testament to the quality of both our work and client service.
Our reputation rests on the quality of the relationships we maintain with decision-makers in each state, the way we look for thoughtful solutions that add something to each project, and most importantly the great people that make up our award-winning team and make GTA a great place to work.
As a Senior Consultant, you will:
- Have strong involvement and experience in the traffic and transport industry as well as a passion and desire to continue to develop a rewarding
- Look to exceed client expectations and deliver innovative solutions
- Enjoy working on a variety of projects and within a large and passionate group of professionals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Consultant performs duties requiring the application of mature, professional and comprehensive traffic engineering, transport planning or transport modelling knowledge and experience.
With coordination of more difficult assignments, the professional manages complex projects and assigns work, reviews it for technical accuracy and adequacy, and will plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the work of other professional and technical staff.
Specific activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Directors in achieving GTA’s overall corporate objectives
- Preparing fee proposals and scoping of jobs
- Managing priorities and workloads to deliver on time and budget
Education and/or Experience
- Completion of a tertiary degree in civil engineering or other related area. Post-graduate qualifications desirable.
- Experience in transport planning, including project management experience.
- Experience in database packages and geographical information systems is preferable
For applications from recruitment agencies
Please click here to submit
GTA Consultants is committed to equality of employment opportunity irrespective of gender, gender reassignment, marital status, disability, age, race, colour, faith, nationality or sexual orientation. Our employment and recruitment practices support this principle, enabling all current and future members of the practice to maximise their opportunities.